It is impossible for any representative to vote how all of his or her constituents want because many constituents hold diametrically opposing views. The best a voter can hope for from any is an elected official who respects every constituent’s opinion and who will take those opinions into account as he or she decides how to vote. Voters must then trust the representative to make decisions informed by true information and shared values.
These are some of the values that will guide my decisions as your representative:
• I will respect all viewpoints, and listen carefully to what you have to say.
• I believe that every human has inherent worth and dignity.
• I believe that humans are part of an interdependent web of existence on this planet, and that we need to respect and nurture the other parts of that web.
• I believe the government should create a level playing field so that every person can achieve maximum health, happiness, and success in whatever work fulfills them.
• Individual freedom is a cherished value, but that freedom should not impose undue burdens on other members of society.
• I believe religious freedom is a shield to protect one’s beliefs, not a sword to impose one’s beliefs on others.
• I will work to provide the maximum benefit to the greatest number of citizens.
Copyright © 2022 Chestek for HD 13 - All Rights Reserved.